6.25.2009

We have to be out when!?!?!?!

We got home from the store the other night and as we were putting the groceries away when we had a knock at our front door. We don't ever use our front door because it is a pretty pointless front door. We had a bunch of ads taped to our door. One thing taped among them though was a letter letting us know that we have until July 6 to be out at which time the sheriff will come and re-key the house. WHAT!?

We knew when we got into this house that the owner was going under and that he was going to file for bankruptcy. We were assured by Remax, that is who we work through for renting, that we had at least three months because the process takes a long time. Three months was all we would need because we were going to look for a house to buy. So it was a surprise to have this note on our door. We have only been here a month. So now we are frantically looking for another house to rent. We looked at three yesterday and two of them were so disgusting. I can't believe the way some people live. The biggest problem is that we are leaving for vacation on the 3rd. So we have a week to find a house and move all of our stuff into it before we leave, because we will be driving home on the day that they want us out. All while trying to pack for the vacation. I just keep reminding myself to trust in my Heavenly Father and things will work out. We will not be left without. Please keep us in your prayers. I, personally, need a lot.

8 comments:

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

Wow Sheena, that is Crazy! Especially being so far from family, where you could just dump your stuff for a little while and work it all out. Good luck, I will pray for you, you pray for me too!! I think everyone's lives are crazy right now.

Rissy & Spence said...

Spencer & Marissa Says hi ur family is so cute... I can't believe that u guys have to be out by the 6th of July... I hope and pray that u can find a palce before u guys leave on vacation... We just have to rely on our Heavenly Father, he definely helps in special ways. I hope that u guys can find a place by this weekend. Love ya ur good ole friends from Hunter High. God Be With u always.

Mandy said...

That is truly crazy. I know you will be able to find something before you leave. I wish I was closer to come and help.

Dennis & Carol said...

Sheena & Tyler,
Let us know if you need us!
Uncle Denny & Aunt Carol

Dennis said...

Sorry for that last weird name of ours! We fixed it. Like I said, let us know if you need our help. :)
Carol

Unknown said...

that is horrible! there must be something that can be done until you get back. I would call the realtor you were working with or the person you rented the house from. Just BEG...that always works!

Mandi said...

oh man. I am so sorry. i hope you got everything figured out, and I hope you all are happy and can enjoy the holiday!

Wardles said...

Your mom told me about this! Good luck! I hope you can find a place!