7.30.2010

All moved

Well, we are all moved in and officially homeowners. It is pretty exciting stuff. At least once you are all moved in. We learned a good lesson though. We will never buy a short sale house again. It is close enough to a foreclosure house to where the people don't care one bit about anything and the process takes to long. We got lucky and it only took three months compared to the six months to a year that it can take. When we looked through the house as we began looking it seemed like they kept it pretty clean. It was just a couple and a mother-in-law. No kids to mess it up and bang up the walls. I couldn't have been more wrong. Almost every door was broken, but fixable, in some way. The walls are gross. The bathrooms and kitchen didn't look like they had ever been cleaned, and they left the biggest pile of crap all over the house. Sometime while they were moving out they put a hole through the wall in our master bedroom. Like I said, they didn't care about anything because they were losing money big time. Things are good now. My father-in-law came down, on his birthday, to help us move and the ward we moved out of was awesome and helped us out with their trucks and time.
We even had the Killers manager (the music group. I think everybody knows who they are) help us moved. He is in our ward. Pretty cool huh.
Anyways, everything is clean and except for a few boxes we are completely settled. It is so nice to have our own home. Now we can do whatever we want without asking permission from somebody first. And, we are saving so much money compared to our rent. I was scared when we first started but I am very happy that we bought when we did. We got a steal on this house. Seriously, if you really want to buy a house and don't care where you live, come to Vegas. You can easily find something. It is insanely cheap right now.
I'll add some pictures soon.
It is fun to be starting this new step in our lives. A new home and a new baby.
SURPRISE! hehe

9 comments:

Brandon and Julie said...

Did I read that last sentence right??? If so Congratulations on a new baby. So great to be in your own home, congrats on that too. Anything else, if so congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

Melinda said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and your family. And congrats on the house. Cant wait to see pictures.

Henry Family said...

You are a great liar!!! Do you remember that conversation we had on the 5th of july......you told me you weren't pregnant!!! Seriously now, that is totally awesome....we will be hoping to hear that it is a boy, but if it is a girl...that will be great too!

Mandy said...

Congrats!!!! How exciting for you. Looking forward to pictures of the house. One of these days we will need to come down and see you guys. Maybe in the fall..... too hot right now. Love you!!!!

Wendy and Spencer said...

Yeay! I'm so happy for you guys! When is the date? How have you been feeling? Congrats on the new house too :)

Kory said...

Not gonna lie, still jealous about baby #4... I was thinking you might give me a chance to catch up... but NOPE!!

So excited for both new additions for the Schipper family :)

Christine Merrill said...

Ooh, how exciting, on both news items! Congrats! We might be buying here, as well, the house that we're currently renting, so at least we know that nobody will trash the place!

Miss Bear said...

Congrats on the TWO new adventures in your life!! Yay! :)

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

You want to know what is funny? I completly missed that key last sentance, and was surprised to read the comments about it, LOL. Pretty sly :) When are you due? I am so happy for you and your family, especially getting into a home. And I know EXACTLY what you mean with the cleanup before you can really move in. Ours wasn't a shortsale, but close enough. Renters lived here before us, and what a mess. First night I cleaned every wall. Next we shamooed every carpet, then tackled bathroom and kitchen. It will emerge to be your home. That is great you are pretty settled. Took me about a year, lol.