3.22.2011

Roman Tyler Schippers

Nice and early at 2:00 am on Wednesday morning, the 16th, I headed on over to the hospital to be induced. We were tired. We planned on going to bed early but still ended up just going to bed at ten. We did all the usual check in stuff and then my nurse checked me and while she was at it stripped my membranes. I was at a three still and, yeah, stripping my membranes started me out on the contractions before they even got me on the pit. I got hooked up to the pitocin at 2:45 am. That got me going at a pretty good contraction pattern and strong ones at that. I held out until 6:15 and then broke down and finally got the epidural. I was tired and needed some rest. Well, the epidural took my pain away but it made me sick so I still wasn't getting any rest. They gave me some Zofran for the nausea and then I fell asleep for a bit. They broke my water at 8:00 am and at that point I was at a five. Things kind of slowed down after thatand my cervix was still pretty thick. Which is weird, because usually once my water breaks things move faster. They checked me again around 10:30 am and I was at a seven and still pretty thick so she turned up my pitocin. BAM! That is all it took. I went from a 7 and pretty thick, to a ten and very ready in two contractions. He was ready to come. I started pushing around 10:45 am. He was born at 11:09 am. His poor little heart rate kept dipping pretty low so I came pretty close to having to do a c-section, but with a lot of cheering from all the nurses, A LOT of work on my part and help from a vacuum he made it here. They placed him on my chest and I can't even describe how amazing it felt to finally have my baby boy here. All 8 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 1/2 inches of him. He's got hair but nothing like what his sisters had when they were born.



Getting his first bath. Yeah, he didn't love it so much.


Look at my chunky boy. Love it!
The girls meeting him for the first time. Gabby couldn't stop smiling.

Don't mind the crazy wind swept hair. It was super windy that day.


His sisters absolutely adore him and can't get enough holding time in.

My adorable bed side companion.

4 comments:

Josh and Lindsay said...

Oh he is so precious!! I can't wait to hold him. I bet he has lots of little mommies that can't wait to help at any slight noise:) we are so happy for you guys!

Wardles said...

He is SO cute!! Wow! I'm so happy things went well. Maybe I'll get to meet him at Zach's wedding?!? Congrats to your family. How exciting... by the way, I love the name Roman! So cute!

Wendy and Spencer said...

So cute!!! I love the picture of your girls looking at their new baby brother. How fun :)

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

How exciting, I love the picture of your three girls standing around him in awe. So sweet. Thanks for sharing your story, I LOVE that feeling when you get to see your little for the first time, and they put him on your chest. I almost cried just remembering Kayden at that moment. Such memories!