4.07.2011

My poor Kate

She gets all the bad luck.

She is the only one who has had a broken bone.

She is the only one who has had stitches and come close to getting them a couple other times.

Now she is the only one to have had a concussion.

The other night we were at Home Depot. She fell out of the shopping cart and landed right on her head. It was one of those moments where you see it happening all before you can do anything about it. While she was moving in fast motion I couldn't seem to move fast enough. When I picked her up her eyes were drooping to the side and I couldn't get her to focus on me when I said her name. She was screaming pretty good. She never did pass out. We went straight home and started doing some research. We called our insurance company nurse advice line and they told us to call the on call doctor. We got a hold of them and they said to just watch her and see how she acts. Wake her up a coupld of times in the middle of night and see how she is doing. If she throws up more then two times you need to take her in. Okay, we could do that. She could walk and talk just fine. Her pupils looked good and she hadn't thrown up. She did just fine through out the night. Then the morning came. She threw up three times. We took her to urgent care and they sent us to the childrens hospital to get a CT scan. She looked good but they just wanted to be safe. They found a small fracture on the back of her skull so they ended up keeping her overnight to observe her. We went to visit and take Tyler some dinner. I snapped this picture just as she said, in a very very sad voice, "I just want to go home." Who wouldn't right?

They enjoyed watching Ice Age 2 for a bit. She is doing good this morning and we get to go pick her up in a couple of hours as long as she can keep her lunch down.

3 comments:

Henry Family said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about that with kate. Grandma just told my mom and she just told us like five minutes ago. We hope she gets to come home soon...I don't blame her hospitals are no FUN!

Mandi said...

sad! poor girl!! glad she is back to her self again! Kids sure bounce back from things quickly! sweet, sweet girl!

Unknown said...

that is so scary! Looks like there won't be an rides in a cart anytime soon! Only the baby! It scares me to death whenever I see a child standing in a cart (usually Wal-Mart), I see the scenario happening! So glad to hear she is alright!