1.31.2008

Pres. Hinckley

I found this poem on another blog that I visit. It is such a wonderful tribute to our beloved prophet. It was so weird to hear that he had passed away because to me, like so many other people, it seemed like he would live forever. The first thing I thought, though, was how wonderful it is that now he is reunited with his wife. I love how much he talked about his wife and the love that he had for her. He will be missed so much.

Prophetic Passing
I imagine he’s running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.
I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.
I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, “Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son.”
I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception’s just fine,
But he hopes that he’ll get an assignment or two
Since there’s no need to waste any time.
I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward – there’s work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way.
Anna M. MolgardJanuary 27, 2008

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I have no idea how to link you to my sisters blog, but there is an AMAZING Tribute video on her! It made me cry and happy all at the same time! go to my blog and look for her - her name is ARIANN

Burrell said...

What a sweet poem. THanks for sharing.

Burrell said...

Hey Sheena! I tagged you on my blog, but you have to go there to get the scoop!