7.23.2008

It happened

I have learned NEVER to say never. The other day I was sitting out in the front room. Gabby and Ella were in their room playing. Ella started crying and so I got up to see what happened. I walk in and the first thing I see is Tyler's razor kit sitting open on the bed. My mind goes into panic as soon as I see that. I look up and find... (Her beautiful hair before)
...this. Gabby had gotten hair clippers out of the kit and cut Ella's hair. I just started bawling. I keep all of our scissors up out of the reach of the girls with this horrible thing in mind. I said my girls would never do that. I never thought about the scissors in the kit. Never thought the girls even knew they were in there. So I get married mad at Gabby, all while I am still crying. I clean it all up and then call Tyler asking if he could get off early so we could take Ella in to get it fixed some how. All while still crying. Tyler thought it was pretty funny, and so do I know. But what can I say. I was somewhat devastated at the time.
We took her into Fantastic Sams and they did as much as they could. She was needing a cut anyways so we got it cut into a cute a-line bob.

No matter what though. She is still the cutest girl around.

6 comments:

Burrell said...

Oh no! She looks pretty devastated in that one picture, too! And I agree, she still is adorable. Cute cut Fantastic Sam's!

Terrie said...

Oh my! Well, I don't know that many mother's that have not experienced that dilemma at least once. Be prepared, there are more to come!

**Cunningham's** said...

That is the funniest and saddest story ever!! I would feel the same way, I always wondered how parents let their kids do such a thing to themselves. I guess those things are just unpreventable!! That is hilarious.

The Brownings said...

Love the new cut! She is just such a sweetie! It's fun to try new things mom :>

Heather said...

It doesn't seem to matter what precautions we take, it seems that somehow every little girl manages to cut her hair! We've all been there!

Unknown said...

too funny! maybe not for you mom, but very funny! Reminds me of when Natalie cut her brothers hair Mike when we lived in Missouri, they went behind the barn, yep crew cut bangs, and he was the ring bearer in my brother's wedding a couple of weeks later! He looked pretty funny and we all got a good laugh out of it!