6.18.2009

Freaked Out

This is a Cockroach Want to know why I share that with you? Because they live in my house. I knew that they could be a problem before we moved here. But I didn't think much of it. Then, the first night we were here my father-in-law saw one in the garage. The next morning, Tyler found one in the laundry room. That day we went to the store and bought 12 poison traps and placed them all over our house. Tyler sprayed roach killer all around the garage and at our entrances. It seems to have worked mostly. I found one that, I think, was almost dead in the middle of our kitchen. Then the other day we moved our couch and found one dead and one alive hiding behind it. Gross, I know. The worst thing happened last night though. I went into my closet to get my chap stick that was still in my pants pocket. I put some on and then put it back in the pocket and then all of a sudden I see movement. Yeah, there was a roach crawling on my pants and then proceeded to climb right inside of them. I started squealing and freaking out and told Tyler to hurry and come take care of it. That sucker had some sticky legs or something. Tyler grabbed my pants and started shaking them to get it to come out and it wouldn't. Finally it fell out and Tyler smashed it. It was a little bit bigger then the size of my thumbnail. Tyler informed me that that isn't very big. There are bigger ones. Thanks for the words of comfort babe. AAGGHHH!!!

5 comments:

Kory said...

YUCK!! Hope the roach problem gets better! That's one thing I like about Cedar... we do get major black widow problems though!

Brandon and Julie said...

That is so GROSS!! I got the chills while reading this and it is because they get to big. Hope it gets better. Also glad you are adjusted well.

Unknown said...

Shenna! that is what living in the dessert is going to bring. I too had to adjust. We have our house sprayed inside and out every other month in the spring and summer and about every 2 months in the winter. If I don't then I have the same problem, but if I do, they just don't seem to appear! I hate them too! One good thing...we don't have to put up with flies, or mesquitos! are you all settled in?

Todd and Heidi said...

Oh My Gosh! I totally had the same thing happen when we moved to Vegas! I HATE those ugly disgusting bugs. My advice is to just spray as much as possible and try to get them under control. I haven't seen you in forever and Debra just told me you guys moved down.I hope you are liking it and adjusting ok. It took me a while to feel comfortable driving and getting around but then it was great! I don't really know where you guys are but I will ask Debra and then maybe I can tell you a some fun places and things to do. You girls are so cute and are getting so big! Hope all is well and good luck with the bugs:)

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

I think the smaller ones are WORSE. They get in appliances and live there. I have more knowledge than I'd like from my time in Australia. Every house. Every flat. Good times. Spray is your new friend in LV.