...I'm not going to miss you. This year has definitely been the hardest one of my life. Get ready for some reading. It all started when we moved to Vegas. That was really hard for me. We left all of our family in Utah and, I'll say it, that was pretty devastating for me. I am big on family and grew up my entire life always seeing my family. We did something for any occasion that we could. I know all of my cousins really good and loved hanging out with everyone, so it was quiet a shock when I didn't get to have that anymore. To top things off I got really sick about a month after we moved. I had my gallbladder removed back in 2008 and was having what I thought was some residual affects from that. Some intestinal problems if you must know. I didn't really think anything of it. My mom kept nagging me to go and see a doctor but I never did. Then a couple of weeks into being here in Vegas I discovered a lump on the arch of my right foot that eventually started to hurt. I started to not feel so great and was always really tired. We went back up to Utah for the fourth of July and while we were there things continued to not get better. My foot started to really hurt and it was not comfortable to walk on, and it was starting to swell, and (I know this is a very bad sentence) and really did not feel good. I didn't have an appetite and I was always really tired and drained of energy. When we got back home my foot really swelled up and was so painful that walking was almost not an option. Tyler had to carry me up the stairs whenever he was home, and he pretty much had to do everything because I just had nothing in me. Life was just not good for me. Soon my foot started to turn purple and I was afraid it was going to explode. Finally I got into the doctors. I had some blood work done and found that my platelet count was extremely high so she ordered me off of birth control because I was now prone to blood clots. Very possible that is why my foot was swollen. Soon after I stopped the birth control my foot got better but I was still feeling lousy. In my blood work up they also found that my white blood count was low. She gave me the possibility of Leukemia. I was sent over to a specialist who also gave me the possibility. This was all really hard to deal with without having any other family living close by. I live with that for about three weeks until we could find out some results. Those were the longest three weeks of my life. Results came back and I didn't have it. Whoo. I had a CT Scan done though and they found some inflammation where my big intestine and small intestine meet which meant that I could have Crohnes disease. I could handle that. I would live it for the rest of my life and take a pill everyday but I that is okay. So now I have gone to a gastroenterologist and am awaiting a colonoscopy to find out if that is what I have. I started to feel a lot better and everyday is normal now aside from not so comfortable intestine troubles.
BUT
Please don't think I'm a whiner and that I am ungrateful. Even through all of that I know that I am extremely blessed and that what I went through doesn't compare to anything that some people go through. I have seen my family a lot since we have moved. They have been a great support through everything.
I had a lot of prayers on my behalf and I know that brought a lot of comfort to me.
I know that I was not alone through this ordeal and that my Father in Heaven has never left me alone. Knowing that helped me through.
I have superman for a husband. When I couldn't do anything he did it all. He fixed dinners, he washed the dishes, he went grocery shopping, he carried me up the stairs.
I have an awesome ward that took care of us and brought in dinners for us.
My husband has a job.
I have three beautiful girls who bring so much light and joy into our home. So really I can't complain.
We'll find out hopefully by the end of the month to find out what it is I have and find some relief. I'll keep you posted.
My sister-in-law tagged me and I am suppose to list ten thing that make me happy.
1. My hubby
2. My girls
3. Family
4. Friends
5. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
6. My new Lady Antebellum cd
7. My new slippers
8. Vegas warmth
9. Laughter
10. Books
I am blessed
8 comments:
I heart Sheena!
Holy cow Sheena! That's awful! I'm so glad you're starting to feel better though! I hope things continue to just get better!
Oh my Sheena... I will be your family and I am fairly close!! How I miss you and hanging out with you... I think '09 was tough on many and those that have survived will be the greatest souls in the future I have decided. I hope all is well with all that medical junk, PLEASE don't fall apart on us ;)
Love you and your family and know we think of you daily, you are someone I look up to (and not just because you are taller)!
That about broke my heart reading that. I will keep you in my prayers and am grateful you have such a wonderful husband who takes such great care of you!
Sheena, 2010 will be better. I loved to read your testimony within your post. Even though hardships, it is still there, just like the many years I've known you. You are one amazing friend.
Sheesh! I can't believe you've done so well being away from family with all that going on. You will do just fine with whatever the results reveal. I have a cousin with crohnes disease so if that's what you have I can talk with her for you if want.
Wow I am so sorry that I had NO idea what you were going through. I am not that far away ya know. Sort of family don't you think! If I was not working I would be there in a heartbeat to help you out! I hope everything turns out ok for you and that your test will come back with GREAT results! Praying for you sweet girl...give those darling babies of yours a hug and kiss from Aunti LU
Oh Sheena, I had no idea you were going through any of this. I am so sorry that you've had to go through all of this away from home. I will keep you in my prayers. I know in my heart that everything will be OK.
Loves to you
Aunt Terrie
Post a Comment