Crohnes disease. That is what has been causing me so much grief for over a year now. To bad I didn't go to the doctor sooner. I had my appointment on Friday to go and see the results of my colonoscopy that I had done two weeks ago. The first thing my doctor said when he looked at the pictures is that it is horrible.
What is Crohnes? You can go to this website
(http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/crohns/ ) and you can read about it there. My doctor gave me a good description to. At some point I got an infection in my bowel. The bad cells look so much like the good colon cells, that once my body had killed off all the bad ones it just kept working on my good colon cells causing ulcers and inflammation. That is what he said was bad. I have ulcers, lots of them, all over in my bowel. He said it is a pretty sever case of it. He has seen worse but this is pretty bad. He started giving me the options of meds, grouping them into two different ones. He gave me the hardest hitting ones that he could. He said for how bad my case is the first ones wouldn't do anything for me. I think he called them biologics. They are a mixture of steroids, autoimmune suppressors,and some other things. My mind was kind of going a hundred miles an hour so I can't remember everything. The kicker is that these medicines are given in a shot form. That's not bad, you may think. Except for the fact that I have to give myself that shot. That freaks me out. A lot. I'm sure I will get used to it, but it still freaks me out. I'm not looking forward to the side effects either.
So that's that.
I have calmed down a lot. Friday was really bad.
I probably won't die from it. You can. But I probably won't.
One of the hard things is, that because of the medicine, I have to wait to have a baby. I was hoping that some time soon we could start to try for another one and I was getting really excited. Not the end of the world, I know, it just kind of bums me out. But better to be healthy first.

12 comments:
Oh Sheena! I heard the news from my dad on Saturday. I love you! You are in our prayers, and we can't wait to see you again!
Oh man! I am so sorry to hear you have Chrohn's but at least now you can move on with treatment and hopefully ease some of the symptoms. Good luck friend!!
Yuck! That sounds like no fun at all!! I hope the meds work and they can get you feeling better pronto!!
I'm so sorry you have to go through all of that Sheena! I hope that the medicines will work well for you and that you will be able to have another baby soon!
We would LOVE to have you visit anytime!
I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick but I'm happy that you can start getting things under control. You and your family will be in my prayers:)
Oh, man! :(
Thanks for posting this. I'm sorry you have to go through this!!
I love you and will pray for you.
Love, Sarah (your 2nd cousin)
at least you know now? wow, i cannot believe all that you have been through. yikes. your optimism will save you, i can promise you that. i hope you get feeling better soon and that you can get pregnant fast!
I know it's hard, but remember "not my will, but Thine be done". The Lord works in mysterious ways, and it's hard to be tested and tried. BUT, it should be of some comfort to know that the Lord trusts you so much and knows you are so strong in spirit that YOU CAN handle this!! Oh how I love you and know all will work out for you and your family!
Well at least you know what has been causing the issues. You and your family are in our prayers. I know I dont' live close by but please let me know if you need anything. Love you!!!!
you wonder why we have these fun trials in life!! It just makes us that much stronger...Hang in there, you are AWSOME:)
Sheena, you're so brave! You have such a positive outlook, it's so impressive (even if you don't feel like that inside!) We'll pray for you and keep you in our hearts,
Marriner and Christine
Wow! I can't believe everything you went through! I'm glad you are getting answers though. Hope things get better. (Oh and I am pretty sure dana's fiane has friends! =)
Post a Comment