6.27.2010

Utah in Nevada

It is h-o-t, HOT here! During the past week I got an idea to take an adventure up to Mt. Charleston. It is the highest peak in Nevada and it happens to be about a half hour away from us. It usually stays about 20 degrees cooler than down here in the valley. What better way to get out of this 100+ degree heat than go up there. Heck, it still has snow on it.
So we packed a lunch and made our way up. It was beautiful. It smelled beautiful. It felt amazing. Slightly chilly in the shade. It was my own little piece of Utah right here in Nevada. We will definitely be going back.
Can you believe this can be found just outside of Vegas?

2 comments:

Kory said...

YAY!! Looks like a good time and somewhere you will frequent now you know about it? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of all of you girls... I will definitely plan a drive to come and visit this coming month I hope. If not for sure in August to see your house ;) LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL
PS- My Nini keeps asking me about her friends: Kate, Ella and Gabby

Laura Joy and Quinton said...

That looks so nice. I bet your girls love the outdoors when its not blistering HOT! Enjoy it often!