*****
Enchiladas
This is one that I love to make because my mom made it for us when we were growing up. It always reminds me of her, and they are oh so yummy.1 lb. ground beef
8 tortilla shells (anymore then that and you'll really have to squeeze them into the pan)
30 oz. refried bean
29.2 oz enchilada sauce
8 oz. brick of cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Brown meat; drain. Mix in the refried beans and heat through.
2. Distribute bean and meat mixture evenly on the tortillas. Roll up and put in a 9x13 pan.
3. Pour entire can of enchilada sauce on top and then sprinkle the cheese over that.
4. Cook at 375 for about 20 min. Just enough for everything to get hot and the cheese to melt.
Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream, olives, salsa, etc...
****
Easy Southwestern Stroganoff
Makes 4 servings

(Looks much better in person. I promise!)
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. water
1-16 oz. jar thick-and-chunky salsa
2 c. uncooked wagon wheel pasta
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sour cream
1. Cook beef until brown; drain.
2. Stir water, salsa, pasta and salt into beef. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
3. Stir in sour cream. Cook just until hot.
Serve with corn muffins.
****
Oven-Barbecued Chicken
makes 4-6 servings
1/3 c. orange marmalade
1/3 c. bottled barbecue sauce
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. lemon juice
1. Skin chicken, if desired. Arrange chicken pieces in a foil-lined 13x9 baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
2. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, spooning sauce over chicken occasionally.
Head on over to Fluent British to check out the ones she has done and the ones that others have shared.

3 comments:
Mmmm... your food sounds delicious. I really should start using wagon wheel pasta more often. I think my kids would love it.
I can tell you how to add a link. Highlight the word(s) you want to link. Then you click on a little symbol in your editor that looks kind of like a sideways figure 8 (or it will just say 'link' in blogger). A little box pops up and you just paste the web address in the bar. It's really easy. Give it a try!
Thanks for joining the food party!
I am totally and absolutely making that wagon wheel dish. Only I will have to run the salsa through the blender first, as my children are Allergic To Texture. ;)
can't wait to try these, they look soooooo good!!! Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment