1.05.2011

Two weeks of fun

We had a fun two weeks up in Utah for Christmas. It was so nice to be able to have nothing to do but spend time with family. When I was younger, about ten maybe, I was at my great-grandmas house. My great-aunt Sharon pulled out this picture viewer and I thought it was so cool. A while ago I asked Sharon if she still had it. Of course she did, why would you throw away something so cool.
We were at my grandmas house New Years day and and in comes walking my great-aunt with it in her hands. I got pretty excited, especially to show my girls.

This thing is over 100 years old. You put one of the pictures in it and when you look at it through the viewer it is in 3D.


They thought it was pretty neat. It was just like I remember.
***

My Dad works downtown in the Church Office Building and my Grandma was recently called to serve a mission there also as a tour guide. So the Tuesday after Christmas we took Trax downtown and had a visit with them.
My sister with my girls. My returned missionary brother came with us to, I just didn't get a picture of him.

View from the 26th floor of the COB.
The Capitol


Temple Square


***


Logan's graduation celebration.
Our brother-in-law graduated from USU so we got together at Pizza Factory to celebrate him.
Tyler's sister Deb and her hubby Logan.
They are having their first baby exactly three months after us.
Congrats Logan!

***

We always have to make a trip to Ikea when we are in town and have some yummy Swedish meatballs. Have you ever had them? If not, you need to go now. When you're done with those you need to go get a cinnamon bun.
The day we went happen to also be the same day that kids could eat free. The line was long. So while we waited the girls watched Scooby Doo playing on the TV downstairs.

My sister Michelle and brother Stuart.
Never a dull moment with my family.


My mom with my cute family.
We did lots of other fun stuff too. It was sad for it to come to an end, but nice to get back to our beds and a normal routine.
It is weird to think that next time we go up we will have our new addition.

4 comments:

Kory said...

How was your house when you got home?? I haven't checked in and was going to call today, but then, life took hold!! Sorry...

Tyler and Sheena said...

Our house was just fine.

Wardles said...

It looks like you had a great christmas! So many fun times! Your mom must have loved having you there. =)

The Harding Hive said...

Great pics Sheena. Your little family is so cute.