5.13.2013

March pt. 2

The week before Easter was spring break, so we took advantage of the long week off and headed up to Utah to be with family and celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary.

 My sister is expecting a baby due in September. They tried for three years before finally getting pregnant. We are all so excited. They had a gender reveal party and we found out they are going to have a boy! I knew it all along.

(all the cousins)
 We went to the Capital and got some family pictures done with Tyler's family. These are all just ones that I snapped with my phone.






 I don't remember what Kate was being dramatic about.

While we were up there Ella had her birthday. The past few years Ella has gotten pretty crappy celebrations for her birthday so this year we had a party with all our family so she could fill special.

 Happy 7th birthday!
Our niece Eloise.
 We played  kiss the frog.



 Cousin Sophie

 Cousin Jack



 Roman and Zander had a good time together.

We went out to lunch with my brother and his little boy Zander.

Love this chunk!

Our anniversary was on the 29th. We took the chance to get away for a couple of days and nights and went to Castle Creek Inn. We spent our honeymoon and 1st anniversary there, and thought it would be fun to go back again. That place is so fun.
 We had Ikea meatballs for lunch one day. Yummy! While we were there we took a stroll through the store. I don't know if I have ever walked through it without kids. It was so nice. We ended up coming home with a new bed and some other fun things.
 The kids had fun spending time with my sister on the first day and then Tyler's mom the second day. They must have had a lot of fun. So worn out that Ella didn't care how she was sleeping.
 One night we went to Rodizio Grill at Trolley Square. We passed this bookstore on the way in and I just had to go back after dinner. It's called Weller's bookstore. I could have spent hours in there. There were so many old books.
 I don't know if you can see it good, but these books belonged to J.F. Smith. It was so cool to pick up these books and flip through them. There were some books in there that belonged to Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and other notable Mormon names, that were worth over $10,000. We couldn't touch those ones.

This was taken on our anniversary. I can't believe it has been ten years. I remember thinking, when I was in high school, that I would never get married. I was so shy when it came to boys, which is probably why I never went to prom. I always worried about what I would say to them and what they would think about me.
After my first date with Tyler I walked in the house and told my mom that I knew I was going to marry him. Through the entire date I  never felt shy and I was so comfortable with him. We hit it off fast. We were engaged only six weeks later.
He is my superman and has stuck with me at some really difficult times. Back when I was extremely sick and didn't know what was wrong with me, he never gave up. He carried me up and down the stairs when I couldn't walk. When he came home from work he would take over for me and be mom and dad. It was a rough year but he never complained.
He can fix anything too. We have had appliances break that would cost hundreds of dollars to have a repairman fix but he just does his research and fixes it himself. I am one lucky girl!
But even better than all that is that he olds the priesthood and I am so blessed because of it. He is an amazing father to our four beautiful children and I know he loves them so very much.
Here is to the rest of eternity.

1 comment:

Wardles said...

Oh I remember when you got engaged! And silly me was worried because you got engaged so quick, but then I remember meeting him and seeing you two together and I had never seen you so happy, and I was SO happy for you! I am still SO happy for you. Yes, you are lucky, but he is one lucky man! He has an AMAZING wife! Congrats you two!