Last night (Monday night) at about nine p.m. I got some intense pain in my abdomen and under my rig cage. It felt like I was going to explode. We were getting ready to go to the ER and then it slowly went away. A couple hours later it came back briefly again and then went away. So I went to bed and didn't think anything of it. At about 2:30 a.m. I woke up with even more intense pain and this time the pain was also in my upper back between my shoulder blades. I have had the pain before but never was it as bad as this. Tyler woke up to me crying in pain and asked me if we could go to the hospital now. I said yes, so we headed up stairs and it became unbearable. Tyler got my mom and told her that we were headed to the ER, but when she came out it was so bad I couldn't move and I said "Just kill me" and "I want to die" So Tyler called 911 instead and an ambulance headed over to pick me up. As we got closer to the hospital the pain slowly subsided and by the time I got into the room it was gone and I was exhausted. The doctor came in and asked me about my symptoms and then asked me what I had for dinner that night. I told him pizza and then he asked me if I had had ice cream to. As a matter of fact, yes I did. He said, "Well it sounds like something with your gallbladder." Given the fact that I had just had a baby and am on birth control, and that I had just had two of the fattiest foods the night before, it sounded obvious to him that it was the gallbladder. That was about four in the morning. So Tyler and I tried to get some sleep and wait around until seven when the ultrasound techs got in. They wheeled me to the room at about seven and did an ultrasound and they found out that I have gall stones. Yeah crazy, no wonder I was in so much pain. Now that I know the symptoms, I know what has been wrong with me and causing me pain ever since high school. So on Wednesday I have an appointment with a surgeon. Yep, that's right, I have to have my gallbladder taken out. Hmm...that was a long story.
Other then that our life is going good. Kate is getting so big and we have seen her beautiful smile.
8 comments:
Oh Sheena!! I'm sorry to hear that! If there is anything you need, let me know!
Wow... my tummy ached the whole time I was reading and the only comfort was knowing that you had written the post so that must mean that you were at least okay. Make sure you let me know if I can help when you have your surgery... let me know when it is please so I can check up with your mom when it happens.
Ouch. I'm so glad that you went to the ER and had everything checked out instead of "toughing" it out. Sometimes as moms we tend to do just that so that we can continue to take care of everyone else. I'm so glad that Tyler was taking care of you and was only waiting for your permission before taking you! Sweet guy! Keep us posted and I hope you have a swift recovery. Let everyone take care of you.
anxious to hear how you are doing after the surgery. you are in our prayers!
Oh NO! I have heard of a lot of people having gallstones lately, but luckily the surgery doesn't take long to recover from! Sorry about the pains, though, I've heard they're worse than labor! Good luck!
My sister had to have her gallbladder out. It's no fun, but you'll feel SO much better!
I am sorry that you are so miserable!!!! Let me know if you need anything!
I talked to Tyler last night... sounds like everything went well since you were up at your grandma's, having a good time I'm sure! Good to hear. Still let me know if you need anything or need to get out of the house!
Post a Comment